Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Breakfast

So you thought Turkey was cheap? This morning for breakfast I stopped at a café and ordered a petit déjeuner marocaine, which included:
  • Omelette au fromage
  • A small salad
  • Fresh-squeezed orange juice
  • Café au lait
  • A full basket of bread
All this for 22 Moroccan dirhams. I dare you to see how cheap that is.

At the cafe I was also exposed to Arabic pop music videos, albeit without sound. And, well, anyone who thought that Arab culture was conservative should watch some videos and think again. Nevertheless, I generally like the sound of Arabic pop music better than most other foreign pop music (*cough* Japan).

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Wow, a country cheaper than Turkey? That's incredible. *Is tempted to fly to Morocco* I'm also glad to hear you finally ate something.

Yeah, I wondered how many people could do classes in the middle of October. The class is still happening right? I guess you get a private tutor. Have fun, and I miss you. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, your new photos are GREAT!

Ma

Anonymous said...

Culinary experience is the main reason why I want to travel. Good (and inexpensive) food sounds fantastic.